Prev: Re: Some interesting space stuff Next: Life out there?

Re: turning ships in line ahead?

From: "nathan" <tarlyn@n...>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:03:12 -0400
Subject: Re: turning ships in line ahead?

>  This seems a shame to me, it's a very nice formation to
>  use. Cinematic even :-) It would be nice to be able to use
>  line ahead without the full complexity of vector movement.
>
>  Has anyone come up with a house rule or convention for
>  allowing this kind of turn? My idea would be a new "follow"
>  movement order that allows ships in line ahead to maintain
>  a fixed relative position to the one ahead. (Provided the
>  ship ahead doesn't accelerate or turn faster than it can,
>  of course.)

In on of the rule books (Fleet book, More Thrust or Full thrust... don't
have any handy ATM) It mentions optionaly using squadron movement to
keep
formation. None of the guys i play with care much about the half inch
you
move stuff to keep in formation, especialy considering they're all doing
the
same thing. Finding out you're losing a ship because your the ship with
the
area defence fire con is 1/4 an inch away sucks.

Prev: Re: Some interesting space stuff Next: Life out there?