Prev: Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind Next: Re: Forwarded: [RE: FMA DSII]

Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind

From: devans@n...
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:43:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind

***
>> >Now, I need to come up with some Close Combat rules that reflect
that,
>> >while they are still hard to kill, the Grays really suck at
hand-to-hand
>> >combat.  Maybe a d12 roll for CC, but if a Gray wins he inflicts no
damage?

>> I'll have to read up on the rest of what you wrote before posting
ideas.
>> However, Greys are bad at CC?
>>
>> Slight spoiler for the movie _Signs_.

>> You haven't seen the movie _Signs_ with Mel Gibson, have you...? I
was
>> vaguely disappointed in the movie, myself (I expected something
different)
>> but it does have an interesting take on Greys in CC. The greys have
nasty
>> claws. More importantly, they have some sort of gas extruding from an
>> orifice in the inner wrist. This is a nasty gas that's very dangerous
when
>> inhaled, though harmless if not inhaled.
>>
>> On the other hand, one guy with a baseball bat can take one out
almost
>> single handed, so maybe they aren't so good in CC after all...
>
>Hey, you start the combat with a good whacked by a ballbat and see how
>affective you are.  :)

I'd like to think that I wouldn't just stand there and let the hairless
ape
whack me with a solid looking piece of timber... *L*
***

I thought the ID4, laughable though that movie could be, scavengers, and
Predator hunters, made more sense, but you can always claim Earth was
somehow unusual, perhaps in population density, and the aliens were
inflexible.

*shrug* It's not my damn planet, monkey boy...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [SGII] Close Encounters Of The Exceedingly Violent Kind Next: Re: Forwarded: [RE: FMA DSII]