Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet Book 2 questions Next: Re: Mine Probing

RE: Mine Probing

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:42:35 +1000
Subject: RE: Mine Probing

G'day,

Another question while we're on the topic of mines. Can any current (or
potential future) mine types explode when something is just within x
radius
instead of right on top? I was talking with a South African friend of
mine
how's worked with the species of rat they're using to do the mine stuff
and
she'd heard (so heaven knows how reliable this is) that you can get the
rats
to sit on top of the mines and thus "map the nearby field". With that in
mind it wouldn't be so useful if the mines were just set off by heavy
enough
movement nearby. Mind you with the development of mines that move about
think there's a whole new batch of mine probing nightmares to worry
about ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet Book 2 questions Next: Re: Mine Probing