Prev: [FT] Fleet Book 2 questions Next: Re: [FT] Fleet Book 2 questions

Re: [FT] Fleet Book 2 questions

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:42:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Fleet Book 2 questions

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 12:33:49PM -0700, Gregory Wong wrote:
>I have a few questions about Fleet Book 2.
>1. FB2, page 4: ...any fighter carrying ship may only RECOVER fighter
>groups equal to HALF its number of operational fighter bays in any one
>turn.
>When figuring HALF, do you round up or round down?  Or do you save the
>fraction and carry it over to the next turn?

I have always been inclined to round up. (Otherwise the ship with one
bay left needs a special-case rule...)

>2. FB2, page 4 lists different fighter types.	I noticed that in an
>earlier book, these types can be mixed and matched.  For example, you
>can have a long-range attack fighter.	However, FB2 doesn't mention
>mixing these types.  Is mixing the types not allowed any more?

It was never explicitly allowed in MT, though some people assumed it was
possible and other people assumed it wasn't. The problem is that the
costs aren't really linear - a heavy torpedo fighter and a standard
fighter really ought to cost more than a heavy fighter and a torpedo
fighter, for example.

If you want to be "official", don't combine types. But we don't tend to
worry about being "official" here... :-)

Roger

Prev: [FT] Fleet Book 2 questions Next: Re: [FT] Fleet Book 2 questions