Prev: Re: Minefileds Next: Re: Mine Probing

Re: lightbulbs OT

From: Robert Makowsky <rmakowsky@y...>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 03:07:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: lightbulbs OT

When I was stationed in the Sinai with the
Multinational Force and Observers (I flew UH-1H doing
Ass and Trash missions) the infantry Battalion over
there at the time (2nd of the 504th PIR 82nd Abn)
required that their outposts provide them reasons for
items along with the request.

One day we were out flying monitoring the outpost
frequency and I heard the following:

OP 3-11: Ops, OP 3-11 Need Lightbulbs.
OPS:  OP 3-11, OPS Reason?
OP 3-11:  Dark.

There was silence for a few seconds on the radio and
we tried to remain airborne while laughing.

Then OP 3-11 came back on.

OP 3-11:  OPS, OP 3-11 Need Milk.  Reason Cereal too
dry.

That was it for the day.  OPS did not respond for a
good 5 minutes.

Bob Makowsky

Prev: Re: Minefileds Next: Re: Mine Probing