Prev: Re: Roger's Quiz Next: Re: Roger's Quiz

Re: Roger's Quiz :-(

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 05:45:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Roger's Quiz :-(

--- KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:
> John Atkinson schrieb:
> > NSL:
> > a "Let's check the manual."
>
> 'Let's do it by the book' sounds better ;-)

OK.

> > b "Let's invade Poland and take theirs."
>
> Now pardon me if I don't like this one.
>
> Several reasons:
> - Ethnic jokes are always tricky, and as close to
> the target, I feel
> this one is over the top (How would you like an NAC
> version: "Let's
> invade Iraq and take theirs." ? )
> - Jon has explicitly said many times that NSL are
> not 'Nazis in space'
> - There is no Poland in the Tuffleyverse (the FSE
> might be a substitute
> if you insist)

It's a lightbulb joke.

It's supposed to be offensive.	The point being to be
offensive to everyone.	I didn't do NAC since I'm not
qualified.  But invading Iraq couldn't be on the NAC
list since we all know Iraq doesn't HAVE a lightbulb
to take.

The NAC version might be:

Put out for lowest bidder on lightbulbs.
Have a commission to determine which was lowest bid
with acceptable lightbulb.
Investigative reporter to uncover corruption in
commission.
12 MPs to hold hearings in Parliment.
Armed Forces make due with old lightbulb for 20 years
after it burns out, but when they do get a new one,
it's the best possible lightbulb.

John

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Roger's Quiz Next: Re: Roger's Quiz