Prev: Re: Decals for marking 25mm PAs Next: Re: Decals for marking 25mm PAs

[ARCHIVES] New archives in place, auto-updating, searchable

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:30:14 +0100
Subject: [ARCHIVES] New archives in place, auto-updating, searchable

Ladies and gentlemen of the list,

The new list archives are now fully in place, offering:

- all the postings I can find to gzg-l and its precursor ftgzg
(including fixed versions of some damaged archives);

- zipped raw mailbox (mbox format) download, by month or by year, as
well as the HTML-converted messages for reading on-line;

- automatic daily updates;

- a search interface which allows searching by author's name, subject
line and/or body text.

The URL to check is:

	      http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/

And now the begging part. I'm offering this service because I think it's
worth offering, and because I enjoyed writing the search engine (written
from scratch in under a day). Bandwidth isn't free, and neither is
server hosting; I pay for these quite happily.

There is absolutely no obligation, or even pressure, for you to
contribute to the running costs of this service. I'm going to keep doing
it even if nobody contributes anything. However, _if_ you find it useful
and _if_ you want to reward me for it, please consider buying me
something from my wish-list at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/wishlist/2U7IBPLWHDPU0/

Cheers,

Roger

Prev: Re: Decals for marking 25mm PAs Next: Re: Decals for marking 25mm PAs