Prev: Re: [FT] Lasers Next: Re: [FT] Lasers

Re: [FT] Lasers

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:07:27 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Lasers

On 24 Sep 2002 at 14:22, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

> Steve said:
> >The range varies with the wavelength of the laser and the size of the

> focusing element. The range for a desired intensity of energy at the
> target is the  proportional to  diameter of focussing lens /
> wavelength of light.
>
> so that gave me the right keywords to find
> http://grognard.com/info/brillanc.txt, which is more or less what I
was
> looking for

Ah yes. That article, or a version of it, was printed years ago in
Challenge (and mentioned in More Thrust) and, as well as my physics
background, is what I was remembering when I wrote my message.

	Steve

--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/gzg/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: Re: [FT] Lasers Next: Re: [FT] Lasers