Prev: Re: [OT] The F Scale Next: Re: The FT scale (was Re: The F Scale)

[Terrain] Blueboard

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:09:24 -0400
Subject: [Terrain] Blueboard

I was carving rock columns (.5"x.5"x4") from some spare blue board.  The
razor which wasn't all that sharp so it occasionally tore the foam
instead
of  cutting it, leaving a texture I wasnt happy with.  Didn't have any
plaster handy (and I'm to lazy to use sandpaper) so I decided to lightly
spray them and let the spray propellant eat a layer of styrofoam, see
what
that did to the texture.  On the original flat surface, it gave a
dimpled
effect; on the parts I carved, it gave more of a bumpy texture.  It
didn't
eat nearly as much as it would have if it'd been the white
styrofoam--presumably due to the different cell structure.  The effect
varied a bit with different amounts of spray.  Good rock texture, quick
and
easy--give it a try.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [OT] The F Scale Next: Re: The FT scale (was Re: The F Scale)