Prev: Re: [OT] The F Scale Next: Re: [OT] The F Scale

Re: [OT] The F Scale

From: "Chan Faunce" <cfaunce@w...>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:28:35 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] The F Scale

Please don't read if you are going to take this 'test' - I don't want to
color your responses.

I haven't had much to contribute to the list for a while, but I thought
I'd
take this 'test'.

Endded with a score of 3.6... pretty much in the middle of the road.
This
was actually a bit of a shock, since I thought I would come in with a
'lower' score - somewhat closer to 'liberal airhead' - as I've always
tried
to subscribe to 'If it doesn't harm someone else it's no one else's
concern.'  Did anyony score far from where they thought they would?

Crtitiques:

I've never liked assigning gradiated resposes to absolute questions (9,
10,
23). Since very few things are absolute, how can a person agree with it
even
if only the most extreme cases invalidate it?

Conversly, how can a person disagree with questions using terms like
'some'
(19, 29).

"3 to 4.5      Within normal limits; an appropriate score for an
American."
Aren't	all scores appropriate for Americans?

Chan Faunce

Prev: Re: [OT] The F Scale Next: Re: [OT] The F Scale