Prev: Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals ) Next: Re: [OT] US Army NCO promotions, was Personal hoody-hoo

Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals )

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:29:51 +0100
Subject: Re: Space Lanes? (was Re: [OT] Sea Lanes was: Liberals )

On or about Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 12:27:02PM -0400,
laserlight@quixnet.net typed:

>I'd assign a separate jump point to each individual ship.  That way
you're
>less likely to have two ships intersect, your security is better, and
you
>still know where to look.

...but you have to send a ship to go and look, rather than your next
scheduled run being there anyway. It's a trade-off - I certainly
wouldn't expect really high-value cargoes to be transported in this way,
and military ships would probably not set their final rendezvous point
until after departure, but in peacetime it does make a certain amount of
sense.

Roger