Prev: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo Next: RE: [FT-AAR] First contact (long)

Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:16:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

> As for not following their own laws, that is a
> matter of interpretation.  Most British Lords of the time did not
view the
> colonials as equals, and hence not privileged to the same treatment.
The
> colonials had the radical and revolutionary ideas that they were
equal.

IIRC -- and it's been a long time since I studied this -- colonials
were British subjects and should in theory have had the same rights as
the people living in London.  Not the same rights as the aristocracy,
but that's not what they were complaining about.  Not that this is on
topic anyway.

> In order for the U.S. to set up its Imperium and Global Hegemony

  The American Empire was established quite a while ago--it's just
that, unlike the British Empire, almost all the natives we subjected
were on the same continent.
  Will we have a global hegemony?  No--remember that Canada and UK
have to step in and form the Anglian Confed...

Prev: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo Next: RE: [FT-AAR] First contact (long)