Prev: Re: [OT] Ex-colonies was: Liberals Next: Re: [OT] Ex-colonies was: Liberals

Re: [FT-AAR] First contact (long)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:03:58 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT-AAR] First contact (long)

----- Original Message -----
From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>

> G'day guys,
>
> Played some 3D FT on Friday night (basically allowed you to MD up/down
in
> addition to forward etc). I wouldn't do it with too many ships (and
big
> ships might be a pain to "base"), but for small groups of little
ships,
its
> a heap of fun. We're going to start scrounging old TV and car aerials,
looks
> better than having a counter with +/-x next to the fig ;)

Sounds like fun, if a bit fiddly.

> For those who are interested (or can tolerate more poor writing
skills!)....

Nice piece...
I've got to write up some fiction soemday...

> Oh and sorry if I got the German ranks messed up, Derek's been at an
anime
> marathon all day so I couldn't double check with him.

Good enough. One point: the German for 'Captain' is 'Kapitän'.
'Kaptein' is
sometimes used colloquially. 'Kaptain' is mis-spelled English ;-)

Could you give more details about the rules you used ? Did you use
vertical
speeds or just level changes ? How did you handle weapon arcs and ranges
in
the vertical dimension ?

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [OT] Ex-colonies was: Liberals Next: Re: [OT] Ex-colonies was: Liberals