Prev: Re: [OT] Libertarians was: Liberals Next: [OT] Latin was: Liberals

Re: [OT] Rule Britannia was: Liberals

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 09:38:50 +0200
Subject: Re: [OT] Rule Britannia was: Liberals

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
> > You are missing fact that hegemonies and imperiums
> > invariably end up  crushing freedoms and liberties.  In other words
"if
> > we can force other states to do what we want all the time, why can't
we
> > force our own citizens  to do what we want.  It's for their own
good,
after
> > all."
>
> The British managed to avoid such.  And they ran 2/3
> the planet's surface for a couple centuries.

"Britannia ruled the waves" ;-)

Or did you mean *Land* surface ? I must have missed the history lesson
in
school when Britain ruled 2/3 of that.

Not even the NAC rules 2/3 of Earth's land surface (to force this back
on
topic).

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [OT] Libertarians was: Liberals Next: [OT] Latin was: Liberals