Prev: Re: [SG2] detached element questions Next: Re: [DS] House Rule Ideas

Re: [SG] Quick & Dirty Resolution

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:00:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Quick & Dirty Resolution

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:05:39 -0400, "laserlight@quixnet.net"
<laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

>How about if we subtract a range-related amount from the sum of the
attack
>dice before we divide by armor?  eg your attack roll is 22, the armor
die
>is 6; subtract the Range die then divide by armor and you get 3
casualties
>at close range but 1.67 at max range.	Better?

That sounds better. You will still end up with some weirdnesses. It's
possible
that you can hit, subtract the range die, and come up with a negative
number.
This should be fairly rare, though. Otherwise, it sounds like it would
work
well.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: [SG2] detached element questions Next: Re: [DS] House Rule Ideas