Prev: Re: Test Next: [DS] Avalon Inc Weapons

[DS] House Rule Ideas

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:44:15 +1000
Subject: [DS] House Rule Ideas

G'day guys,

Well as this place has been so quiet here's some DS stuff I've been
thinking
about.

Cheers

Beth

Dirtside Houserules

These are house rules we're currently using (or about to try) for DS II.
And
before we start a BIG thanks to any of you who I may have been inspired
by
(or adopted things from)

Guided Missile Systems (GMS)
May fire at multiple targets, regardless of the guidance system used.

<Alternative: May fire at multiple targets, regardless of the guidance
system use, but for each separate target fired on in the same activation
then shift the die type DOWN 1 for ALL missiles fired in that
activation.>

Fire Control Systems (FCS)
Basic - can only fire a single weapon at a single target (as written in
DS
II)
Enhanced - all weapons on the vehicle may fire on the same target (as
long
as all other restrictions on fire, mount type and arcs, are adhered to)
Superior - each weapon on the vehicle may fire on a separate target (as
long
as all other restrictions on fire, mount type and arcs, are adhered to)

Note that irregardless of the FCS rating you can fire your main gun and
the
APSW at separate targets.

Point Defense Systems (PDS)
Enhanced and Superior PDS may fire at artillery in addition to missiles.
Any
unit within the beaten zone of an artillery strike with enhanced or
superior
PDS may use it to try and knock down the round. The target vehicle rolls
die based on the level of its PDS (D4 for enhanced, D6 for superior) and
the
artillery player uses a die based on the size of the artillery round (D8
for
light, D10 for heavy artillery). If the target vehicle roll exceeds the
artillery roll then the artillery shell has been shot down.

Glide Bombs
At any point in the aerospace fighter's path of flight the release of a
glide bomb may be declared. These bombs may be fired at any point of
impact
within 60" of that point in the flight path and must be within the front
180
degree arc of the fighter at that point in the flight path. Once
released
the Glide Bomb may be targeted by LADs, ZADs and the PDS of any unit
within
1" of the point of impact.

Crew Driven Vehicle Mounts (OK I don't know what the real name is and
Derek
isn't here)
Certain weapons may be controlled and fired by crewmen physically
directing
the weapon in the direction they want. If this is the case treat these
weapons as having a MANUAL FCS. These weapons use a D6 at Close Range, a
D4
at medium and can not bring effective fire at long range. If the weapon
in
question is a vehicle mounted APSW, treat it as if it were with an
infantry
unit (i.e. the player should dice for FIRE EFFECTIVENESS).

Prev: Re: Test Next: [DS] Avalon Inc Weapons