Prev: Re: SNAFU Next: Flying tank

Re: Turning Point

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 02:35:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Turning Point

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 17:57:45 +0100
>From: Symon Cook <Symon@ereshkigal.demon.co.uk>
>Subject: Re: Turning Point
>
>In article <1031209213.3d7700fd5586b@webmail.t-online.de>, AgisN@t-
>online.de writes
>
>>I bought the Master rule system.
>>It is a loose paper collection with pre-drilled pages. The rules are
>>basically the Fleet Action rules. Way to complex for my taste.  :-(
>>

>A common reaction.
>
>>On the upside is the background of the game. Over 30 pages of well
>>written near future stuff.
>>Good work IMO.
>>

>What do you like about it? So far I haven't heard any positive comment.
>
>>The models are of the same quality as the B5 fleet action models.

What happened was that AOG was licensed to sell models for B5 but not
for the following series
or the new series based on the rangers. So they pay out for another
license(s) or  get out of the sci-fi
business or start up their own universe with it's own history. They
chose to start up their own
universe based off a fragmented Earth (sound familiar?) which goes to
war.

When I bought a copy of the rules I was told that more (folders?) were
coming. The selling of
 the rules are just the start as full histories and follow-up rules come

out (for sale). The rules are
supposed to be generic enough to be applied to multiple sets of
 starship miniatures while designed
for AOGs new line of  ships (in this way no licenses need to be
purchased by AOG if applied to
GZG ships for example).

I'm not too enthused with the rules but I suspect we are seeing a work
in progress. Having written
software in the past, the ship generation rules sure look like a set of
specifications for a computer
program which I suspect will also be sold some time in the future.

Scott Siebold

Prev: Re: SNAFU Next: Flying tank