Prev: [OT] Commercial Moon Mission Next: Re: Submarines was Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

RE: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT)

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:12:41 -0500
Subject: RE: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT)

> > Could anyone suggest what elements to use to make up a Full Thrust
> > fleet? What I'm looking for here is a well rounded fleet that would
> > allow me to play most scenarios that folks can come up with while
still
> > maintaining the minimal number of starship miniatures.

> Well, I typically buy for each of my fleets (this is numbers of
> each class, not packs):
>
> 4 FF
> 4 DD
> 2 ea. CL, CE/CM, CA
> 1 or 2 ea. BC and BB
> 1 BDN
> 1 SDN
> 1 ea. CVL, CV
> Enough Fighters to equip the fleet (possibly using some from a general
> supply, so as long as I have enough in total, I don't necessarily care
> about them being the official types).

That is very similar to my buying pattern, though I try to go a little
higher on the CLs and smaller if I can (3-4 CL, 4-6 DD, etc)  Again it
all
depends on what is available for that fleet.

Dean Gundberg
- 7 fleets painted and table ready
- 3 fleets in the works somewhere between basing and painting
- 14 fleets waiting to be worked on
- 4 partial fleets I need to expand

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: [OT] Commercial Moon Mission Next: Re: Submarines was Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!