Prev: Re: Krylon Experiment - Matte coat Next: [OT] Commercial Moon Mission

Re: Afghan Pics

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:46:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Afghan Pics

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

> A collection of pictures from Afghanistan:
> http://www.cellnine.com/pender/web/oef/oef.html
>
> Includes such 'exotic' troops as Swedes and Romanians.
>
> Quite a bit of ideas for modelling/painting

Very interesting gallery - thanks, Karl.

I've just set this one up as my desktop wallpaper:
http://www.cellnine.com/pender/web/oef/isaf/b_cdn01.jpg

Forget mocking the French for their shorts, what about the ability of
British troops (SAS especially) to look nearly as bandit-like as some of
the locals? :) Even the British Army regular guys 'go native' way more
than anyone else! (There's the one pic of a helicopter full of Regular
Army troopies, at least half of whom seem to be wearing burnooses...)

(Minor historical question: why isn't the Brit Army the "Royal Army"
when
the UK's Navy, Artillery and even Air Force are all "Royal"?)

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://wind.prohosting.com/~warbard/games.html -

Prev: Re: Krylon Experiment - Matte coat Next: [OT] Commercial Moon Mission