Prev: Population Modelling Program Next: Re: Krylon Experiment - Matte coat

RE: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT)

From: "Pat Connaughton #2" <ptconn@e...>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:09:33 -0500
Subject: RE: Well Rounded Fleet? (FT)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
[mailto:owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU]On Behalf Of Phillip
Atcliffe
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 10:59 AM
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:19:36 -0400 Warren Shultzabergere
<carol.warren@prodigy.net> wrote:

> Could anyone suggest what elements to use to make up a Full Thrust
> fleet? What I'm looking for here is a well rounded fleet that would
> allow me to play most scenarios that folks can come up with while
still
> maintaining the minimal number of starship miniatures.

> I don't want to run out and buy 3 of every FT ship (sorry, Jon!!), it
> would break me and my marriage <grin>.

Phillip.Atcliffe says
Well, I typically buy for each of my fleets (this is numbers of
each class, not packs):

4 FF
4 DD
2 ea. CL, CE/CM, CA
1 or 2 ea. BC and BB
1 BDN
1 SDN
1 ea. CVL, CV
Enough Fighters to equip the fleet (possibly using some from a general
supply, so as long as I have enough in total, I don't necessarily care
about them being the official types).

I like this break out. It should accomadate most any scenario and should
also handle most campaign game scenarios as well. The only changed that
I'd
recommend would be to add a bit more to the mid-range (cruisers and
destroyers). Also a few commercial vessels (freighters) and a tender or
two
would be a real asset. Freighters can also double as tenders as well as
tugs.

Makes for great scenarios.

Any thoughts and critique would be welcome.

Thanks
Pat

Prev: Population Modelling Program Next: Re: Krylon Experiment - Matte coat