Prev: Re: GPS Next: RE: Thinking out loud. . .

GPS & Populations : 2 for 1 sale!

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:29:00 -0400
Subject: GPS & Populations : 2 for 1 sale!

GPS - Thanks for the info folks. My only run in
with GPS was as we were looking at using it for
the RCMP and that was going to require
probably a differential (multi) receiver unit for
use in the far north.

Populations - RE: NAC - It seems to me the UN
activities in the core prevent a "take out" of the
NAC, and it seems quite likely to me that the
average NAC taxpayer is as self-centered as
they are today, meaning they really aren't
interested in throwing a big chunk of GNP at the
ESU colonies (after all, what does it matter if
you're living on Terra?) Also, there may well be
those who want to limit the size of gov't/military
in the NAC (former 'Mericans?) and there may
be a chunk of their military/etc. still involved in
keeping a handle on South and Central America.
Add one more factor: Participation from the
South or Central American populations may well
be less than 100%. And also the people of
former North America and even Britain may well
be casualty averse to the point where foreign
adventurism is only undertaken under near-
duress conditions. Defend themselves, hell yeah.
Finish the job on the ESU.... not today, thanks,
we're having tea.

PS - Beth, given what OO has recently posted
to the list from the GZG catalog regarding the
UN, would you care to posit some revised
figures on UN population base?

Tomb.
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Re: GPS Next: RE: Thinking out loud. . .