Prev: Re: GPS Next: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

RE: Krylon Experiment

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:30:43 -0500
Subject: RE: Krylon Experiment

> Tonight I'll spray some matte on the samples I've already done.
> I'm also going to try ink washes on top. Not GW ink but some of
> the transparent art inks.

Saturday night I was parked next to a truck with great looking
Purple/Green
paint so when I saw the Michael's Craft Store coupon for 50% off one
item in
Sunday's paper, I got over there yesterday and picked up a Magenta/Gold
kit
for half price.

I got some SFB Tholian and Silent Death Brood minis about half done,
primed
and one side has 6 coats of the color.	Tonight I might have time to get
the
other side colored and everything clearcoated so maybe pictures
tomorrow.
The color change is not drastic at this point but in the pictures in the
instructions, the clear coat seems to help a lot.

I'll take a couple more minis I have ready and prime them with gray and
silver and see how they turn out if I get the time.  It is a time
consuming
process with all the light coats, and the color spray does have a unique
strong smell to it, different than other spray paints.

Also Michael's has another coupon for 40% of a single item good for the
rest
of the week.  I think I'll pick up another kit, probably the Purple/Blue
and
try that one out along with experimenting to see what happens if you
layer
different color combinations together.

I did find another place that makes color chainging paint, a small
company
called Spaz Stix (http://www.spaz-stix.com/).  They sell 1oz bottles for
$10
US, probably made for air brushes.  They do custom work for Radio
Controled
cars and bodies which would be their intended use for this paint.  The
interesting thing about their paint is that some are 4 colors or more:
SW1000 Blue/Purple/Red
SW1010 Red/Orange/Purple
SW1020 Orange/Purple/Teal
SW1030 Gold 'N' Red
SW1040 Gold 'N' Green
SW1050 Gold/Green/Orange/Purple
SW1060 Gold/Orange/Purple/Red
SW1070 Green/Purple/Teal

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: GPS Next: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!