Prev: Re: Krylon Experiment Next: RE: Thinking out loud. . .

Re: Thinking out loud. . .

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:22:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Thinking out loud. . .

--- Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net> wrote:

> quarters, the admin types work in damage control.
> Would you consider damage
> control a "tooth" function? If you do, that puts a
> ship at pretty much 100%
> tooth, doesn't it?

Again, it depends on how you want to count it.

The Army's "damage control" function is performed by
mechanics which are generally considered "tail".

"Tail" is a term which means whatever you want it to.
It's more or less meaningless unless considering
identical forces.  Even comparing the USA and the IDF
is meaningless (in this way) because the USA is
intended to fight 1000s of Ks from our bases on the
other side of an ocean, where the IDF rarely goes more
than 200 K from their borders.	So the USA has far
more log weenies and less trigger-pullers.

Now, consider the XVIII Airborne Corps and compare it
to the French FAR.  That would be a meaningful
comparison.  Or the old BAOR vs. the USAREUR.

John

http://finance.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Krylon Experiment Next: RE: Thinking out loud. . .