Prev: [FT] Fighter sequence, was Re: Warfair Next: Re: IF was GZGverse UN

Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:18:38 -0700
Subject: Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

I wouldn't care for the chances of any infantry anywhere near a tank
that absorbs a heat round into a jerrycan of diesel. I'm not sure if the

fuel would splash, but even if it doesn't you'll get something like a
splash efefct from the explosion of the warhead. And that means droplets

of fuel, which is what you need to get it to ignite. Burning diesel
everywhere and probably one heckuva fireball. If it really needs to be
atomized to ignite, then you might get a splash before it ignites.

The tank shouldn't mind much if it's buttoned up, but I hope modern
armor is a good insulator.

Any comments from wiser heads, or just hysterical laughter ?

--
These constitutional guarantees can not be estimated too highly, or
protected too sacredly. The reader of history knows that for many weary

Prev: [FT] Fighter sequence, was Re: Warfair Next: Re: IF was GZGverse UN