Prev: Re: Gauss Rifles Next: Re: Warfair

[FT]Fighter/Ordnance order, was:Thanks For Attending War Fair

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:13:46 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [FT]Fighter/Ordnance order, was:Thanks For Attending War Fair

It was alot of fun.  I appreciate you organizing everything.  After
reading
the rules carefully (and hassling Oerjan) here's my take.

1.  Move fighters up to 24"
2.  Launch Ordnance
3.  Move ships
4.  Determine targets for ordnance
5.  Fighter secondary moves, if within 3" of a ship at the end of this
    phase may declare screening, if within 6" may declare attacks.
6.  Dogfights
7.  Allocate screening fighters to ordnance.
8.  Fighters fire on ordnance, a 5-6 destroys one missile, a 6 reduces
    a PBL by one.  Records hits on SMs.
9.  Allocate PDS fire.
10. Fire PDSs.
11. Do damage from PBLs, 1d6 per factor remaining, this destroys
fighters
    and SMs in area.
12. Roll for number of SMs on target, reduce by number destroyed in 8
    and 10.
13. do damage from Missiles.

I hope you don't mind, I've CC'd this to gzg-l so they can tear it
apart.	:)

Roger Books

On 29-Aug-02 at 13:26, kaime@mindspring.com (kaime@mindspring.com)
wrote:
> Thanks to both of you for attending the con.	I travel for my job and
just
> today had time to sit back and check some email, and send some also.
>
> I saw your post on the FT Group, and posted my own idea that they need
> 'in one place, final word, comprehesive, with plenty of examples and
> diagrams' rules set for fighters.  I've spoken to Jon about this on at
least
> two occassion by email over the past two years.  I've addressed it as
Mod.