Prev: Re: Warfair Next: Re: Gauss Rifles

Re: Card Initiative and vehicle MGs

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:32:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Card Initiative and vehicle MGs

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:28:18 -0500, "Kevin Balentine"
<kevinbalentine@mail.ev1.net> wrote:

>I would say 12" range bands for the steady mount and the increased ammo

>supply. I would think less time for changing clips or bands or
powerpacks or
>whatever would allow the vehicle-mounted AGL to put out the more
>consistent stream of fire that would be needed for effective fire at
extreme

I ruled, for a PBEM game I'm running with Chris (Laserlight) and Roger
West,
that the AGL had 12" range bands. I took into account the steadier
platform
and the fact that the weapon is elevated. In general, weapons on
vehicles will
fire from a higher position than the weapons operated manually. I felt
this,
and the stabilization, justified them having 12" range bands, which is
really
the same as elite troops anyway.

Also there are game reasons. This means that all weapons on vehicles
have 12"
range bands, simplifying the game. (Oh, my... got to take this into
account
with my upcoming-real-soon-now enhanced vehicle rules, which uses
quality-based range bands).

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances

Prev: Re: Warfair Next: Re: Gauss Rifles