Prev: Re: Berms Next: Re: ACE question for John A

Re: ACE question for John A

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:08:08 -0400
Subject: Re: ACE question for John A

At 4:00 PM +0100 8/29/02, Robin Paul wrote:
>I've seen a photo of an ACE prototype being used as a personnel
carrier,
>with troops trotting out of the bucket. Is such a thing ever done in
>reality, or is it just someone's bright idea during trials?  I would
have
>thought the riflemen would be unenthusiastic, and the engineers would
see it
>as a misuse of their machine.

I can sort of see it better than having the infantry roll up on foot.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: Berms Next: Re: ACE question for John A