Prev: Berms Next: ACE question for John A

Card Initiative and vehicle MGs

From: kaladorn@m...
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:55:41 -0400
Subject: Card Initiative and vehicle MGs

Vehicle (man fired) MGs:
I use 12" Range Bands. Why? HMGs have put effective fire out to well
over 1000m. Limiting to QD just limits regulars RB to 320m. That's
silly - the HMG then only has the same range as the rifles. Now, you
could do that, but you'd have to include a modifier (double?) to make
it sensible.

Card Initiative:

Good comments from Scott S. Yes, I can see card initiative being a
problem in some groups. Usually when we play SG2, some folks are
jawing, some eating, others playing on the PC at some first-person
shooter, so the timing issue isn't a big one. But, just to point out,
I've seen alternating activation games drag at cons too.... everyone
can't be involved if some complex resolutions (ie Close Assault with
defensive fire) are going on anyway. But cards might increment the
uninvolvement problem.

One other card option for those interested: Indeterminate turn
length. Put in one (or more) cards that are end of turn. When one
comes up, the deck is reshuffled. Unactivated units and unspent
commander activations are lost. This makes for a very tense (if
sometimes a bit odd) game.

Prev: Berms Next: ACE question for John A