Prev: [SG2] Next: Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

Re: Card initiative

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:30:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Card initiative

>>Giving the command units an
>>interrupt, and letting overwatch/reaction fire
>>take place, does make for a faster game.
>>

>How did you handle leader interrupts? Could they interrupt anything at
any
>time, or could they only interrupt in certain circumstances?
>
>I'm thinking that I'd let them jump in and activate before any other
unit
>activated, however I would not let them activate in the middle of
another
>unit's activation (i.e. after a unit used one action).
>
>Do you allow interrupts during interrupts? For instance, if a card for
Blue
>was drawn, and Red decided to interrupt with a leader before Blue's
unit could
>activate, could Blue then turn around and activate a leader to
interrupt Red's
>leader activation?

There is a major problem in using cards to activate units. With lets say

8 units (cards) total and
highly experienced players (1 - 2 minutes per unit) a turn could be
completed 8 to 16 minutes
with average of 12 minutes. Thus your local game would show cards to
work out extremely
well.

Now go to a convention with six people per side (12 units - cards) and
people with
various experiences (1 to 5 minutes per unit) and a turn could take from

12 to 60 minutes
with average of 30 minutes. The problem is that for 90% of that time
most of the people
are sitting around doing nothing. Nothing makes a game die faster then
doing nothing.

The record waste of time game I've been to was after waiting 30 minutes
I went out and
ate lunch came back after 45 minutes and still had to wait to move.

Scott Siebold

Prev: [SG2] Next: Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts