Prev: Re: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts Next: RE: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

RE: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:13:05 -0600
Subject: RE: [SG2] Cover Penetration Question for all you Armour Experts

IIRC the account as listed by Tom Clancy was that an American M1 spotted
an Iraqi T-72 moving behind a sand berm.  The berm was 15 feet tall so
direct sight of the tank was lost.  Using the thermal sight, the heated
exhaust plume of the Iraqi tank was visible rising above the berm.
Calculating where the bulk of the tank should lie, the M1 fired through
the berm.  The APFSDS went through the berm and through the Iraqi tank.
I don't think that the range was listed.  From pictures I've seen of the
sand berms, they were 20-30 feet thick.

--Binhan