Prev: Re: [sg] Imperial Tactical Technologies (long) Next: Re: [FT] Starting speed

Re: Deployment timings/lifespans

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Deployment timings/lifespans

--- kaladorn@magma.ca wrote:
> Here's a question:
>
> We notice that in the 2180s, the NSL are using an
> SG-58, which
> suggests a 2158 deployment date (or perhaps design
> date?). ...
> The french have the FA-75 which suggests (perhaps) a
> 2175 deployment
> (hence Gauss perhaps?). Maybe the next NSL weapon
> deployment will be
> Gauss.
> Interestingly, the UN has an ISW-82 (I think that's
> it...),
> suggesting its latest model designs are very recent.
> Just something I'm mulling over. Thoughts?

Have all these thing been defined?
Just because one power has a later number on
the issue rifle does not prove/infer higher tech.,
it could be the same rifle concept issued X years
later by the other power.
It is also not necessarly true that 'all' units
have the later issue weapon.
What it really comes down to is: what do you want
to be happening in your sector of the universe?

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [sg] Imperial Tactical Technologies (long) Next: Re: [FT] Starting speed