Prev: translations Next: Re: OT; FLIEGERFAUST (?)

Fliegerfaust bearers

From: kaladorn@m...
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:26:23 -0400
Subject: Fliegerfaust bearers

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong:

Sounds like your father's GF had some tank destruction badges. And if
you say he had the Iron Cross 2nd class, that might have been an
automatic thing (I think if you got the Knight's Cross, more
correctly known as the Knight's Cross of the (order of?) the Iron
Cross), you automatically got the ribbon/decoration of IC 2/c.

If you could get a scan of the pic, I have two buddies that are WW2
historians (one a M.A. Strategic Studies) and
medal/badge/uniform/weapon collectors. I have no doubt we could ID
all the decorations and badges. (I'm should know what the arm patch
means, but it escapes me just now, and the other chest badge I have
ideas about but without seeing it or getting more detail I won't
hazard my guesses).

Drop me an e-mail off-list if you want some help ID'ing the full
plethora of insignia/decorations (my buddies also focus fairly
extensively on the Eastern Front - most wargames battles we play seem
to feature outnumbered Germans taking on masses of Red Army
forces...).

Prev: translations Next: Re: OT; FLIEGERFAUST (?)