Prev: Re: ESU Penal Units Next: Re: Naval Rules

Re: [FT] Starting speed

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:04:23 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Starting speed

On or about Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 07:59:25PM -0400, Laserlight typed:
>From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
>> Now, in vector, what's the advantage to a high (20+)
>> starting speed?  I'm a bit lost.  By my reckoning,
>> that would lead to a single pass with exchange of  fire
>This is the prudent course, if you're the Islamic Fed or someone else
>with a Soviet design mentality.

If you're not defending something really important, it allows either
side to disengage after any pass. This is consistent with the sorts of
"trial of strength" battle that I suspect would take place during
"peacetime".

Once the K'V arrive and each side is trying to cause maximum damage (and
worrying a bit less about preserving its forces), I'd expect to see more
slugfests.

Prev: Re: ESU Penal Units Next: Re: Naval Rules