Prev: RE: [FT] Starting speed Next: RE: The Fulton Army Poll

RE: [FT] Starting speed

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [FT] Starting speed

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> G'day,
>
> > Thinking about a little pre-battle maneuvering,
> and of
> > course that involves starting speeds.  Aside from
> > specific scenarios, what starting speed do you
> > usually allow?
>
> What ever you want, you've got to live with the
> consequences after all ;)

Now, in vector, what's the advantage to a high (20+)
starting speed?  I'm a bit lost.  By my reckoning,
that would lead to a single pass with exchange of
fire, and then a dozen turns maneuvering around to
slow down enough to make another pass.	In vector I
know you will be no more than (2/4/6/8/whatever your
thrust is) from a point determined by your velocity,
so you're almost guaranteed to be in the arc, and for
at least some of my SLMs to hit.  What's the point of
zipping around like that?

John

John

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs

Prev: RE: [FT] Starting speed Next: RE: The Fulton Army Poll