Prev: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR - and now Africans... Next: Re: ESU Penal Units

Re: ESU Penal Units

From: devans@n...
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:09:34 -0500
Subject: Re: ESU Penal Units

***
Penal squads that are broken or routed and
out of line of sight of all Guards units will always
surrender if the squad is within effective range of an
enemy unit.
***

Being unfamiliar with particulars of SGII, I was curious how difficult
it
would be to allow a slight chance to NOT surrender? While I have some
doubts of the likelihood of such squads used at all, I'm still
intrigued,
and imagine a small percentage might find an unexpected wellspring of
love
for the motherland.

A further complication would be that I'd expect a 'Guards-imposed' rally
attempt would cancel such patriotism, given the bitter memory of
'friendly
fire', but even I see that as TOO fiddly.

Prev: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR - and now Africans... Next: Re: ESU Penal Units