Prev: Re: [FT] Starting speed Next: Re: [FT] Starting speed

Re: [FT] Starting speed

From: devans@n...
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:26:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Starting speed

Back from dropping the daughter off following GenCon, feeling pretty
addled. 640 mi driving, 1120 mi van passenger, and four days of
convention
will do that to you.

Hearty kudos to Schoon, Mike M., Mark S., and Dean for yeoman service in
the cause of GZG fandom. Schoon, I'm still amazed how well those Lego
ships
looked. Though, I think you may have been amazed how well my daughter
looked. ;->=

If I missed somebody's effort, my sincere apologies; it was a somewhat
reduced con, but still difficult to catch everything.

My first comment on coming back was to have been to amplify the FT
campaign
discussion, but I'm not feeling coherent for deep theology, merely minor
heresies. Also, my mechanism for a planetary assault campaign met with
mostly underwhelming response at the con.

Back to topic, games I've played have almost all started near 'dead
slow';
I think we saw tourney's starting at something like 6 + d6, or even
less,
and stuck with that range through the introductions of the FB's, though
we've not played much of late. Natch, this made SM's, when they came
along,
and smaller, higher thrust ships more valuable when they had big build
advantages.

The heresy part is that this makes SOME sense if you assume, as I do,
that
FT fits into the concept of battle pass I've bored you with before.

Prev: Re: [FT] Starting speed Next: Re: [FT] Starting speed