Prev: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR - and now Africans... Next: Re: John A's weapons page

John A's weapons page

From: kaladorn@m...
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:48:13 -0400
Subject: John A's weapons page

John,
I reviewed your weapons page, and have some questions!

1.) smartlinked - what effects does this provide? (and do you think
that no one other than the NRE would use this, which I presume to be
a neural link technology?)

2.) I don't see weapons for:
LLAR - and the South American continent has historically produced a
lot of firearms designs!
RH
FCT
IF (though I saw mention of them)
Sweden
Scanfed (should have some home brew stuff if I recall the figs)
IC
IAS :)
AE (I though you'd at least do Chris the favour :)

Some of these will use licensed copies, but then you get things like
the C7 which is actually superior to its original M16 roots (the copy
was improved over the original). Some will use unlicensed copies. But
it would be worth putting up sections for each nation with weapon
stats and what THEY call them (and mention if they are actually some
other weapon produced under agreement or just ripped off).

3) You have the IPW and SPW from the UN, but not their larger IPG.
There is a UN figure with a whomping big plasma gun!

4) There are two distinct (very much so) NSL SAW designs. I think one
might even be a gauss SAW. I didn't see the second design
represented.

More later as I review this list versus official lists and figures
instead of just off the top of my head.

PS - Not half bad!

Prev: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR - and now Africans... Next: Re: John A's weapons page