Prev: Re: Grav Scouts Next: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR

Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:21:17 -0400
Subject: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers

KarlHeinz said
>original one-dimensional ranking has some problems.

>1) fighting skill at the 'small unit' level
>2) operational skills of handling large units
>3) budget/equipment/logistics capabilities

>The Gorkha Empire : I'll grant you the 1st rank in fighting skills. But
do we have any reason to assume it is top-notch in the other aspects,
too?

Not even all fighting skills, just Infantry.  Are there Gurkha units in
armor, artillery, or aerospace?

We might add:
Fighting spirit/courage/elan
Cohesiveness (the "looking out for your buddy" factor)
Technology level (possibly folded into Budget)
Breadth of skills/experience available (eg not just light infantry, but
also armor, orbital assault, zero gee, etc)

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Grav Scouts Next: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR