Prev: Re: Scouts and dinky armoured cars Next: Re: Grav Scouts

Re: Speaking of. . .

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:43:15 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Speaking of. . .

On 15-Aug-02 at 21:32, John Atkinson (johnmatkinson@yahoo.com) wrote:

> Ummm. . . Gauss rifles are a proven technology by the
> 21-somethings (certaintly by 2183).  Underbarrel
> grenade launchers are also proven technology (going by
> the fact that 2 of the four superpowers issue them as
> standard).  Combining them doesn't require a great
> leap of logic.

If it really was proven wouldn't more people use it?  From
the impression I took away from the rules gauss rifles were
just barely starting to enter service anywhere.

> Second, you damn well don't have to lecture a Roman
> historian AND serving soldier on the inherent
> conservatism of military institutions.  Believe me,
> the NRE probably spent at least 10 years making sure
> the damn thing worked.

I know that, I thought it odd that someone with your
credentials would be giving the latest and greatest
technowidget to the troops.  Again, from my reading
of the rules guass rifles sturdy enough to be fit
for military duty hadn't been around for 10 years.

Just FYI, I resisted giving gauss weapons to the mercenary
battalion I am working on for just the reasons stated.
They are slated for it RSN, the under-table agreement
between them and the NAC government means they often
get to play lab rats.

Prev: Re: Scouts and dinky armoured cars Next: Re: Grav Scouts