Prev: Re: Islam was: 2nd and 3rd rate powers Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

Re: Korean war was: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:56:14 +0200
Subject: Re: Korean war was: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Leary" <john_t_leary@yahoo.com>

> > Doesn't necessarily do it.	The US army that started
> > off in Korea was pretty poor, as I understand it.
> --------
> Not to mention taken by suprise, and massively
> outnumbered.

Err..perhaps the above is just mis-phrased, but...
.At the beginning of the Korea war, there weren't any US fighting troops
in
Korea (see e.g.the chronology at:http://www.korean-war.com/). So the US
troops weren't surprised. But the outbreak of the war was a
political/strategic surprise.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Islam was: 2nd and 3rd rate powers Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?