Prev: Re: Speaking of. . . Next: 2nd and 3rd rate powers

RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:42:08 +0100
Subject: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers

In message <A8877251964B294BAB5BA1FC58B43FED6137E2@molly.tas.csiro.au>
	  Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> G'day,

[snip]

> Just for comparison sake (and for what its worth), here's the ratings
of the
> naval prowess of the various nations (which was a direct result of a
poll I
> did on the list a few years back) that I did up with Piquet in mind,
but it
> can be used to think about relative ratings too.
>
> <Sorry if the table gets mangled by the mailer>
>
>	CF	OQ	Opp	MR	Ld    Qd    Ace%  Vet%	Reg%
Green%
> ESU	7	3	6	4	+1	NC	10	10
55
> 30
> FCT	3	4	5	3	NC	-1	5	15
55
> 25
> FSE	6	3	6	3	+2	+1	15	15
55
> 25
> IC	5	5	4	5	-2	-2	5	5
60
> 30
> IF	5	4	5	4	-1	-1	5	10
40
> 45
> JAP	4	4	4	2	NC	+1	10	15
70
> 5
> LLAR	3	5	5	4	-1	-2	5	10
60
> 25
> KNG	4	4	5	4	-1	NC	10	20
60
> 10
> NAC	6	2	6	3	+1	+1	10	15
65
> 10
> NI	4	3	5	3	+1	NC	10	25
55
> 10
> NSL	6	2	7	2	+2	+1	10	15
65
> 10
> OU	5	4	5	4	NC	NC	15	30
35
> 20
> PAU	4	5	5	5	-1	NC	5	10
50
> 35
> RH	4	4	5	4	-1	-2	5	10
55
> 30
> SK	3	4	5	5	-3	NC	5	5
40
> 50
> SWISS 3	4	4	2	-2	-1	10	10
60
> 20
> UNSC	6	3	4	2	NC	NC	20	20
50
> 10
> Std	3	4	5	4	-1	NC	5	10
65
> 20
> Poor	2	6	3	5	-4	-3	0	5
50
> 45
> Good	5	3	6	3	+1	+1	5	15
60
> 20
>
> By the way Std/Poor/Good = for generic forces, also
> CF = command flexibility. The higher the number the more flexible the
> command structure can be (doesn't always mean they will be)
> OQ = overall quality (especially with regard to willingness to stand
and
> fight and covers confidence with regard to training as well as
equipment),
> in this case the lower the number the better
> Opp = Relative ability to make the most of opportunities, the higher
the
> number the better
> MR = mechanical reliability, the lower the number the more reliable
their
> equipment is
> Ld = leadership, + ratings = likely to have better leaders, NC =
average
> leadership, - ratings = likely to have poorer leaders
> Qd = determination/confidence of the troops, + ratings = likely to be
more
> determined/confident, NC = average, - ratings = likely to be flighty
> Ace/Vet/Reg/Green = % makeup of their forces with these grade of
troops

> As you can see it gets a bit messier.
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

Thanks Beth,

At some point - I must get round to integrating this with my crew
quality/leadership rules I posted recently.

Hmm.. probably base Crew Quality on OQ and Qd, possibly Opp and MR as
well.
Base Leadership on Ld, modified by CF.

Could produce a more complex version that uses all of these ratings :-)

Need to think about it a bit...

Charles

Prev: Re: Speaking of. . . Next: 2nd and 3rd rate powers