Prev: Re: Speaking of. . . Next: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter

Re: TO&E question

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:58:02 -0400
Subject: Re: TO&E question

> With the arrival of my Old Glory 15mm Austrians (1866) and the
Scouts
> discussion, I started to think of who are the bad guys in the
GZGverse?  Not
> bad as in evil, but bad as in having a hard time fighting their way
out of a
> wet paper bag.  Who has tried to flumox the TO&E/quality to field
bad units
> (wrong equipment, poor doctrine, etc.).

The IF rifle company I designed uses less-than-cutting-edge equipment
and doctrine.	If you find you're knocking them over too easily, you
can improve their armor, FP, impact die, or take away the
close-assault penalty.	Of course, since the IF uses an 11-man squad,
once you've finished all the upgrades, they might be too tough.  Of
course, if they're all Green-2 or worse, maybe not.  Let me tell you,
having a platoon of Yellow-2's	is a challenge.

I'd assume the PAU, among others, also uses substandard equipment,
doctrine and training but I haven't worked up TOs for them yet.  And
some of the AE sovereignities--well, there's at least one (Musashi)
which uses swords, bows and bare hands.  And the only thing that would
keep someone from capturing New LA is the fear of having to provide
administration afterwards.  (New LA = take Brazilian Carnival,
subtract American civil law, add a double dose of Berkeley plus
assorted flakes, fruits and nuts.  Okay, the ones who find that too
straitlaced are the ones who move to New LA.  God knows how they

Prev: Re: Speaking of. . . Next: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter