Prev: Re: desktop magnifying glass Next: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter

Re: [FT] SMITE

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:15:20 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] SMITE

In message <000b01c242e1$20102900$b9169fd4@kitsune>
	  "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@dahak.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

> > Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:05:41 +0100
> > From: Charles Taylor <nerik@monkslode.fsnet.co.uk>
> > Subject: [FT] Matter Transmitter (long)
>

> > *Space Matrix Instant Transportation Emitter (S.M.I.T.E.)
>
> Space Matter Instant Transforming Equipment. But that's General Lysis
> for you.
>
> > (I think) -
> > from Space Battleship Yamato/Starblazers, this Gamelon
> > technology will only
> > transport fighters and other small craft, but can transport them in
> > large numbers (whole carrier fighter contingents at once).
>
> Bad news. SMITE can transport Destroyers and other sub capital units.
> One of Deslock/Dessler's command ships apparently does in one of the
> later series. Its listed as 48 Fighters or 1 Destroyer per SMITE unit.
> Both the Dedicated Light Cruiser and the Command ship carry two linked
> units. That may be excessive.

Hmm... maybe thats the improved Mk. II SMITE :-)

Well, FB1 categorises Destroyers as up to 36 MASS, and Heavy Destroyers
as up to 50 MASS, so a revised SMITE would be:

Class 48 Superior Matter Transmitter with restrictions as below, except
for the maximum size of craft transmitted:

> > In game terms, this is a Superior Matter Transmitter that has a
> > 'reception zone' of 1-arc wide out to 6 mu from the SMITE
> > ship, and a
> > transmittion zone 3-arcs wide out to 36 mu. It is a class
> > 36 (or more)
> > Matter Trasmitter, but can only transmit fighters and other
> > small craft
> > (not more than 3 MASS each) _from_ the transmittion zone _to_ the
> > reception zone. The transmitted fighters _must_ remain in formation.
> > SMITE-ed fighters may attack on the turn they are
> > transmitted, but may
> > not manoeuvre. It may perform no other matter transmitter
> > operations.

Revised MASS: 48 or 96, Revised COST: ???

> > Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:25:59 -0400
> > From: "Z. Lakel" <zlakel@tampabay.rr.com>
> > Subject: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter (long)
> >
> > > As long as it doesn't allow for the mis-used SFB transporter
> > > mine situation
> >
> > What's wrong w/ the SFB transporter bombs?
>
> They make far to much sense for something that is never seen on the
> show.
>
> I wouldn't want to take a fighter through somethiong that scrambled
> explosives. If only because my canopy might come loose. Let alone what
> it would do to my ordinance.
>
> --
> Adam
> "Mark my words, Li Kao! You will be called, and when you are called
> you must follow, no matter how difficult and dangerous the path may
> be. It is my fervent prayer that the path you take will lead you ten
> thousand miles from the Monastery of Sh'u. Preferably," said the
> abbot, "to the moon."

Charles

Prev: Re: desktop magnifying glass Next: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter