Prev: SMITE Next: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter

RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:58:06 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

>I wondered if there were any unofficial stats or semi-official design
principles that could be used with the new FT figures not detailed in
the
Fleet Books? I particularly like the Islamic Confederation designs (
very
nice ) but any info would be handy.

Roger said:
>http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dreamworld/7643/FullThrust.html has
some
thoughts on the Islamics. It is generally believed that another Fleet
Book is likely to be released at some point, covering these fleets.

Good heavens, I'd forgotten I'd even *done* that site!	My current
thinking
on the IF is at http://quixnet.net/~deboe/ft/ifships.htm  (note to
Oerjan:
I corrected the extra mass in the Hattin class, I think all the designs
are
right now).  Of course, I'll modify all the designs soon as the rule
changes for FB3/FT3 gets firmed up--especially [deleted by GZGSecurity],
of
course.

One of the important changes from previous editions of the IF (such as
the
one that was at the angelfire site until this week) is that the IF now
have
"balanced" weapons instead of offset arcs.  I guess I'll have to try
that
on the ORC ships now--if the Alarishi Empire is part of the ORC (which
is
plausible), and if the AE uses offset arcs (does anyone here think that
skewed arcs does *not* fit the AE mentality?<g>)...

   Going from the ships available, one assumes that FB3 will cover UN,
Japan, ORC, Islamic Fed.  I think Derek has done a list of possible UN
designs, Roger has been fiddling with the IJN, and I think Alan cooked
up
some ORC proposals.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: SMITE Next: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter