Prev: RE: [FT] Matter Transmitter (long) Next: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter (long)

RE: [FT] Matter Transmitter (long)

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:53:13 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT] Matter Transmitter (long)

In message <1530-220028112191943742@M2W033.mail2web.com>
	  "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> >are known, i.e. either the target location has an easily predictable
> trajectory (point on dry ground on a planet's surface, point on a ship
> or station that is not manoeuvring in any way, point on a friendly
> ship that is transmitting its location info to the 'sending' ship)
>
> I think you left out an "or"--probably "either the target has an
easily
> predictable location <snip> or you're transmitting to empty space
and/or
> don't care about the fate of the object you're transporting"

Yup :-)

> Of course, you can make cheap bombs.	Transmit some rocks into the
enemy's
> interior, and don't bother correcting the relative velocity.

I'm assuming if your attempting to target a ship with manoeuvring
capability that _doesn't have a friendly Matter-trans targeting beacon,
then you're likely to be off by several mu - hence the SM-like
targeting rules :-)

Charles

Prev: RE: [FT] Matter Transmitter (long) Next: Re: [FT] Matter Transmitter (long)