Prev: Re: [DS2] Spoon Feeding SciFi Genre to players Next: RE: Mailing List [corp-rat subscribers] going OT ?

RE: Mailing List [corp-rat subscribers]

From: "CS Renegade" <njg@c...>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:05:20 +0100

From: ~ On Behalf Of Alfie Finch
Sent: 09 August 2002 19:28
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

> Can I suggest that if you're using your company address you
> supress or delete the company e-mail footers as they are way
> way big.

Agreed, but he may have no choice. Many company e-mail systems
append the disclaimer at their e-mail gateway, so it is
invisible to the sender. I certainly wouldn't make it
discretionary for any of my cow-orkers. Although disclaimers
are not the cure-all that companies would like them to be,
Ian's is pretty close to the standard recommended for UK
outfits.

> Some users pay for their dial-up access and may take
> offence at having to download a 2 line posting and an
> 18 line mail footer.

Also very true, but before joining that crusade I'd like to
see an improvement in the standard of quoting. How many items
do we see with umpteen quoted lines, badly wrapped, and a
two-line response that's only pertinent to one paragraph in
the quote?

"We base your renumeration partly on the office consumables
 we expect you to steal."	  Catbert, or was it the PHB?

Prev: Re: [DS2] Spoon Feeding SciFi Genre to players Next: RE: Mailing List [corp-rat subscribers] going OT ?