Prev: Re: Mailing List Next: [OT] Re: Mailing List

[DS2] Spoon Feeding SciFi Genre to players

From: Yves Lefebvre <ivanohe@a...>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 13:02:24 -0400
Subject: [DS2] Spoon Feeding SciFi Genre to players

Hi,

That spoon feeding stuff for WWII just made me think the same apply to
SF :

One comment of my opponent for my first DS2 game was that the game lack
army list. I think this can be something of interrest to add to the
game.
It will allow to have different "Feel" for a specific game : instead of
all
player creating the best vehicule possible, they will instead have to
buy
some from a list, each list having some advantage and disadvantage.

Also, when trying to convert player from other gameset, you could just
use
a list that fit best the race they like to play in their other game. Ex:
If
we had a "Stealthy and Fast guys" list, you could just convert any Evil
empire eldar player more easily.

Each list could have some restriction on the number of vehicule type
allowed (ex: you need to have X vehicule of a given type to have Y
vehicule
of another). There could even be some discount for the price of some
vehicule, so unpopular weapons system could all be used. Even some
special
troop if it fit nicely (I saw a webpage with some other movement type
for
infantry like Jump and the like, this could be something to use).

I would like to have some suggestion about what combination could make
interresting list.

Some generic idea to give a start. Lots of things need to be added like
prefered weapons, ecm level, gms, etc ( My DS2 experience is quite
limited
for now). Feel free to find better name as well!

"Grav guys" : Most of their unit are grav and fast. They might have less
than optimal armor since they will use speed to get better position than
their ennemy.

"Crap guys" : Those have lots of cheap vehicule. That race might have a
"clone factory" somewhere, so they don't care if they loose lots of unit
(or they might just have a poor tech level). They have quantitie over
quality.

"Big infantry transport guys" : Those have big infantry transport with
lots
of armour (like the droid carrier tank in StarWars EP1) and of course,
lots
of infantry. Drop the grunt and let them do the dirty work.

"Solid guys" : Those have slow and very well armored vehicule. They
should
last a bit longer than normal under fire. Maybe not a lot of infantry
for
those.

Of course, the next step will be to create vehicule stat and all the
stuff... In the end, each list should be a bit versatile so list A won't
crush list B each game. However, they must have enough distinction to
affect the stratgie use by the player using them.

I'm just throwing idea. If enough people are interrested, that could
became
a good project to put on the web.

Yves

Prev: Re: Mailing List Next: [OT] Re: Mailing List