Prev: RE: Scouts out. . . NAC style Next: [SG2] chrome for ESU, and 2 truly ghastly uniforms

Re: Scouts out. . . NAC style

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 02:52:48 +0100
Subject: Re: Scouts out. . . NAC style

----- Original Message -----
From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 12:57 AM
Subject: Scouts out. . . NAC style
SNIP
> The Scouts are driving me nuts, though.  Everyone
> pretty much agrees a mechanized batallion needs a
> scout platoon.  No one agrees on what capabilities or
> organization it should have.
SNIP> So, what should it be and why?

> Keeping in mind the missions of the batallion scout
> platoon, let me know what you think.	I'll take the
> best responses and try and synthesize some workable
> MTOE.
>
> John
SNIP

My preference: Vehicles should be small, light, and have defensive
weapons
only to dissuade the scouts from deciding to be John Wayne. ECM and PDS
and
artillery observation ability are good.  On the model of UK WW2 recce, a
platoon of 2-3 "Humber MkII", Size 1 with Superior ECM, superior PDS,
the
usual APSW and artillery observation, plus 2-3 "Daimler Dingo", Size 1
with
Superior ECM, the usual APSW and a dismounting artillery observation
team.
Both Grav, as it's cheap on such a small vehicle. A normal patrol would
be 1
of each vehicle.

Rob Paul

Prev: RE: Scouts out. . . NAC style Next: [SG2] chrome for ESU, and 2 truly ghastly uniforms