Prev: Re: [SG] meets [RL] Next: Scouts out. . . NAC style

RE: [DS2] VTOLs, Confidence and other questions

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 16:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [DS2] VTOLs, Confidence and other questions

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 6:51 PM -0700 8/6/02, John Atkinson wrote:
> >
> >On the other hand, a buddy of mine told me 20mm and
> up
> >works just fine.  :)  Or that was the gist of his
> >description of watching an AC-130 work over some
> hills
> >in Aghanistan.
>
> Was he talking about the 20mm coming down or going
> up (there is a
> diff ya know)? 20mm in WWII was very much a close in
> thing, usually
> only effective in the last mile or so of the
> aircraft's run into the
> target.

Ummm. . .

AC-130s generally fly into combat.  Driving a C-130
(of any variant) off of the runway and up a mountain
is not in accordance with the operator's manual.  If
it breaks, the Government can take the cost of
replacement out of the pilot's salary.

John

http://health.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [SG] meets [RL] Next: Scouts out. . . NAC style