Prev: Re: Beer crates, again... Next: Re: Beer crates, again...

Re: Beer crates, again...

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:36:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Beer crates, again...

At 11:00 AM -0700 7/30/02, John Atkinson wrote:
>Monteith is a camp in Kosovo outside Gjilane.	It's
>named after 1st LT Jimmie Monteith, a platoon leader

Wow. There aren't that many Monteiths (ieths) out there. I wonder if
he was a relative of grandpa Montieth. I'd ask my mom to look into it
as she was the family geneologist, but she can't do that any
more....:-/

>Ummm. . . there's 70,000 troops at Fort Hood.	I know
>a couple hundred somewhat and maybe a 100 reasonably
>well.	Maybe 8-9 of those I know by their first name.
>And no chemmo pukes are on that list.

Heh....Some times small world syndrome does hit. It sometimes pays to
ask. I met a kid in a cafe here in Atlanta that was in town for a few
hours with his other Japanese friends. Turns out, he was from the
same neighborhood that I was living in for about 2 months in Japan
back in '87. He even knew my host family.

>The turban cannot be worn under a kevlar helmet, and
>the beard makes it impossible to correctly wear a
>protective mask.

Granted. I think the Sepoys were less concerned about it back in the
'40s and before. Head protection being a relatively recent innovation
back during the great war. Still, they omitted the concerns of the
use of the respirators for WWII. I've a few pictures of Indian troops
with full beards and such in the desert fighting in North Africa or
in the east.

>Eh?

Back at some point a story came out that pagans were worshiping in a
field around a bon fire at Fort Hood or some other base out west. Bob
Barr thinking he could single out a segment for some good old
politically driven bashing, started making statements about pagan's
not deserving to be in the military due to our nation's Christian
foundation.

http://www.witchvox.com/xmilitary.html

He thought he had an easy target. He was very wrong. The tempest
eventually died down. I'm just wondering how it's changed. I'm
curious as I have more than a few pagan friends.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: Beer crates, again... Next: Re: Beer crates, again...